Saturday, January 14, 2012

Yea it's a freakin' weekend

(draft post)
Not working today! Fact is, I was working last weekend. First time promoter and nope I never wanted anyone to visit me while I'm working or buy stuff from me. I have to say its seriously tiring and when I'm tired it shows on my face. Like -.- whatever. Haha which totally does not help in sales. Plus I'm like dehdrated 'cos they wouldn't let us bring water in. (As if they really want my breath to stink or have a sore throat) It really does make sense that they don't let us bring our own water or provide us any water. Anyways, I did it for 2 days, standing from 12-9 in not-so-comfortable shoes is a no-no. Carrying some heavy pouch gave me backaches. Holding an iPad burdened me eventhough its kinda cool showing people the demo game. Haha.
Guess what I'm selling? haha you couldn't have guessed.
But its a good experience :) I don't mind standing if I get my water lol. I stopped doing this weekend (hahahahha) 'cos me friends not doing anymore and I am too unenergized. Another thing is I don't get my money till like a month or more later! AHHHHH Totally not motivated to continue doing anymore.

Then on the thursday, I went to work as an usherer at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa. Haha first time again and much fun-ner than the promoter job! At first I was abit doubtful 'cos I'm gonna be doing it alone. It turned out some people were there alone too so I made friends with them :)
I was basically paid to stand there most of the time. he real job was only like a few hours. Haha. It was actually quite a major event called the BrandLaureate SME Awards. So I was like the lieng mui of the night la, pin corsages, calling the winners to wait in the waiting room, say thank you after the event, and smile. Met many rich people haha. It's so cool they ate western food instead of the usual chinese. The ballroom was like so big. Our Ausmat night only used 1/3 of the ballroom! There's the media too! Oh so overwhelming hahaha.
Chinese New Year is just around the corner! I may be working again after I register for uni.
Till then, byebye!

(added)
Pics from the usher job!

No comments:

Post a Comment